Lead-Free Wire Solder:
Canfield’s 95/5 is a lead-free solder safe for potable water systems as well as other applications (heating and air conditioning) with or without lead-free requirements. Alloyed from virgin tin and antimony, 95/5 meets both Federal and ASTM Specifications. It meets or exceeds all other applicable Government and Plumbing Code standards for strength, purity, and potable water system applications. Meets ASTM B32.
- Melting Range: 450⁰ – 464⁰ F (Solid to Liquid)
- Shear Strength: 6,200 PSI
- Tensile Strength: 5,900 PSI
Fluxes: Use with Copper-Mate® Self-Cleaning Soldering Paste Flux.
- IAPMO Approved
- Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC®)
- International Plumbing Code (IPC®)
- ASTM B32-2008
- California Health & Safety Code #116875 (low lead)