60/40 is suitable for use in many commercial soldering applications. Our alloying process results in an product that is low drossing and high-wetting delivering reliable joints that are highly resistant to whisker formation.
- Color: Gray/Silver
- Melting Range: 361° - 376° F (solid to liquid)
- Tensile Strength: 6000 psi
- Specific Gravity: 8.51%
- Density: .3068
- Color: White to yellowish solid
- Halogen Content: 0 - 2.0%
- Spread Factor: Over 90
- Copper Mirror Test: Pass
- Corrosion Test: Pass
- Storage: Keep in cool dry place
60/40 is available in bar, solid and cored wire, foil, spheres, preforms, powder, solder paste, ingot and anode form. Core wire fluxes includes no clean, water soluble and rosin in diameters from .006 to .125. Flux percentages range from 1% to 3.6%.